10 may 1611
Installation under the Regent Marie de Medicis, of the Order of Déchaux Carmelite Fathers (Ordre des Carmes Déchaux) O.C.D., rue de Vaugirard, which produced Eau de Mélisse starting in 1611.
Father Damien was the first to prepare our composition.
Royal Letters granted to the Carmelites Fathers.
2 Septembre 1792
During the Revolution, the Commissioners of the Luxembourg Section organised a sham trial during which each prisoner was requested to take an oath; for each refusal a priest was executed – 115 bodies piled up on the grounds.
Several Fathers create a civil corporation by purchasing from the State the right to produce and sell Eau des Carmes and set themselves up at 14 rue Taranne.
Mr Amédé Boyer purchased the famous Eau de Mélisse which is still today in the same family.
Following the expropriation of 14 rue Taranne, the old Carmelites laboratory was transferred to 14 rue de l’Abbaye and then, in 1950, to 6 rue de l’Abbaye.
The production workshops moved from Courbevoie to Carrières-sur-Seine.
This is where we receive the plants and spices.
Our company perpetuates this know-how by being awarded the Living Heritage Company status (Label des Entreprises du Patrimoine Vivant).
The company was transferred to Mr Jean-Brice Lagourgue who has managed it since 2007. His is the sixth generation….